Does your school or club offer an annual international trip? If so or if you are interested in starting, why not use a local nonprofit for your next adventure! OneForest Foundation offers accommodated 10-day environmental education leadership tours to the jungles of Costa Rica.
- Osa Peninsula
- San Jose
- Wildlife including parrots, toucans, and monkeys
- Cloud Forest
- Lowland Tropical Rainforest
- Butterfly farm
- Permaculture and Ecologically Integrated Farms
- Night Hikes for Nocturnal Animals
- Expert Naturalist Guides
- Rainforest Lodges
- DAY 1 Arrive in San Jose and travel to Arenal Volcano
- DAY 2 Arenal Volcano
- DAY 3 Monteverde Cloudforest
- DAY 4 Monteverde Canopy Tour
- DAY 5 Travel to Puerto Jimenez in the Osa Peninsula, Beach on Gulfo Dulce
- DAY 6 Puerto Jimenez Osa Interactive Gardens (OIG) Butterfly Farm Activity followed by Beach on Gulfo Dulce
- Day 7 Puerto Jimenez Volunteer at OIG Botanical Gardens and Activity with Local Rural School (if in session)
- Day 8 Puerto Jimenez Mangrove Kayaking and Butterfly Activity
- Day 9 Travel to San Jose
- Day 10 Depart from San Jose
Other itinerary options include additional destinations, coffee and/or cocoa farm tour, permaculture farm tour, Corcovado and other national parks, river rafting, waterfall climbing, snorkeling and much more. Custom itineraries are made considering interests of the group or club, flight schedules, budget, and number of days of travel (10 days recommended, but not required and fewer or additional days can be requested). Each day includes a leadership activity that focuses on nature and reducing human impact on the environment.
Trips are offered at an affordable tax-deductible price, and in addition OneForest offers travel expenses offset opportunities. All proceeds from fundraising events carried out by O.F.F. go toward overhead for events that subsidize the cost of student fees. O.F.F. works with the students to hold their own fundraising events (such as spaghetti dinner, pancake breakfast, 5k run, etc.) for further cost offset, which have the potential of covering all fees.
- Ground transportation
- All meals
- Expert Naturalist Guide and Environmental Education Teacher
- Entrance Fees
Airfare is not included and groups are responsible for booking airlines tickets.